It may seem like a small decision, but there are countless email marketing companies out there, and choosing the right one for your business isn’t always easy. If your business is small, you can’t afford to waste your time and effort, so every decision is an important one. After learning the in’s and out’s of the Mission Suite and working with our clients to manage their email marketing, I’ve learned there are 7 key traits an email marketing company must have in order to be right for your business. Here’s my guide to choosing the right Email marketing company for your marketing needs:
- Accuracy- This may be the most obvious and trait for your email marketing company to have, but it’s also an important one. If they are managing your email marketing and they can’t get your email details right, it could take a huge toll on your marketing success. It is very, very important for email marketing companies to have accurate content, templates, send dates and analytics in order for your marketing team to have a successful email marketing campaign.
- Design- When you are managing your own email marketing but paying for an email marketing program, a large chunk of what you’re paying for is design feature. If this program doesn’t have what you’re looking for, it’s not worth your money. Make sure their design style fits with your company’s style.
- Efficiency- Your email marketing company should be able to meet your deadlines, create your content by the time you need it and send it out by the time you want it out. Otherwise, missed deadlines can equate to missed opportunities.
- Good analytics- knowing whether your campaign is working or not is crucial, and the only way to figure that out is through analytics. It is also important that your email marketing company provides the right analytics such as read rate and effectiveness rate- which show information directly relating to the impact you are looking to make.
- Good support- Whether you are managing your own email marketing or your email marketing company is managing it for you, good support is an important part of having an effective marketing strategy. It is very important to have a support team who is transparent, productive and above all, able to help solve your problems.
- Doesn’t break your bank- Now, we’ve all heard the saying “you get what you pay for” which may be true, but as a small business, you don’t want this one activity to take up too much of your budget. As I mentioned in a previous blog, Email marketing still renders the highest ROI of any digital marketing activity, but there are many other parts of your business that need a piece of your budget too. Trust me, you can get fantastic email marketing services for a pretty low cost, but if you do decide to pay a little more, make sure you know what that extra cash goes to. If it is extra colors for your email templates, consider cutting down.
- Works for your business- The most important requirement you can have for your email marketing company is that the service or program works for your business. If it is easy to use, works on time, is easy to analyze, has great support, is cost efficient and produces a great ROI, you’ve got a winner. That’s what the service is there for, after all!
I hope this guide helps you better pinpoint the right email marketing company for you. Email marketing can be such a helpful part of your strategy, why not make sure to get it right the first time?