One of the most important aspects of any inbound marketing strategy is Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO allows customers to easily find your website so that they can learn more about your products, sign up for your email list and eventually become customers.
SEO can be enhanced through a variety of strategies. Some of these strategies include increasing the number of links that point to your site, maintaining your blog, or utilizing your social media to spread awareness of your brand. Some brands even “guest blog” on other blogs, this works in a fashion similar to traditional PR and can dramatically increase the amount of links pointing to your site.
In this article we’ll look at some of the modern strategies that you can use to improve your inbound marketing covering everything from guest blogging to email marketing.
1. Make Sure Guest Posts are Reciprocal: When searching for a blog that will allow you to guest post, be sure to offer the owner of that blog something in return. Obviously you’re going to want the post to benefit you, but if you can ensure your pitch is mutually beneficial then you can cement a long-term relationship that can continue to benefit you in the future.
2. Answer Customer Questions: Consumers have questions, and you’ve got answers – so get out there and share! You can answer specific questions through social media and other platforms, but an even better idea is to find general questions about your industry various places on the web and answer them. This gives you a chance to demonstrate your expertise and reference your site, thus increasing your SEO.
3. Don’t Be Boring: This one requires a little extra effort on your end, but just a little effort can go an awfully long way. Content generation is great, but it can quickly become repetitive and downright boring if not done correctly. Don’t be afraid to take chances, think outside the box and bring in fresh content whenever you can. Keep things interesting!
4. Know Your Influencers: It’s important to be aware of who the big players are in your game and what they have to say. This is important to you, but it can also be very important to your customers. They want to know that you are keeping up with trends and news in your business sector. So prove to them that you’re an expert and use this valuable content in your inbound marketing.
5. Ask People to Share: It’s amazing, but simply asking your customers to share a piece of great content actually makes them share it. Most customers, especially long-term ones, are more than happy to share great insightful content with their friends and coworkers. Sharing is great for inbound marketing because it leads to exponential amounts of people reading your content and seeing your name. So don’t be shy, just ask.
Do you have any other insights into inbound marketing? Be sure to add to the conversation in the comments below!
Stay tuned to the Mission Suite Blog for many more great tips on how to get the most from your email marketing.