Happy Thanksgiving, business people! Today is the day to take a step back from whatever it is you’re doing, spend some time with loved ones, and be thankful for what you have in life. And on top of eating a delicious meal, being surrounded by friends and family, and enjoying all that other good stuff, you can’t forget to be thankful for the customers involved in making your business grow.
From your co-founders to your colleagues and customers, everyone deserves a “thank you” this holiday. But, here at The Mission Suite, we have some tips on how to thank your customers; the real shining stars of your business.
Recognize Your Customers
If you can manage it, you really should do your best to really thank every customer and every lead you have on file. Just use your email marketing list, and reach out to everyone you possibly can. You definitely wouldn’t want to leave anyone out. And, since we know the holidays are a busy time, there is no time to waste. Come up with a “thank you marketing plan,” and utilizing The Mission Suite, implement it ASAP.
Saying “Thank You”
Above all, your customers are the ones that really contribute to the growth of your business. Whether you see them more as “followers,” “fans,” or even “friends,” they are the ones driving your business each and every day. Good business leaders need to remember to say thank you to their customers once in a while, especially on Thanksgiving. What better time than now?
To give a little bit of thanks, there are a lot of different ways you can do it. You can:
- Create a personal email newsletter to each one of your customers. In it, you can tell them how thankful you are that they chose you to do business with.
- Acknowledge your customers by saying thank you for how long they’ve been with you. Ex. “Hi, Marty! You’ve been with us for 117 days! In this time, you have _______. We can’t wait to see what the next 117 days will bring!”
- Remind them of the sales you have going on this week, so they don’t have to search hard for them.
- Give a little discount on a product in their shopping cart.
- Offer free shipping.
- Give away a free eBook.
- Offer 30% off if they “refer a friend you’re thankful for” on Facebook or Twitter.
- Start a reward program, offering double the awards if they sign up this Thanksgiving.
- Send coupons or goodies in the mail.
- Have a contest where customers submit their favorite Thanksgiving story about an experience they had with you. Then, share it on social media.
- Provide upgrades.
- Make a donation every time they purchase something this week.
- Don’t have a lot of time? At least write a short email saying “Thanks.”
Make it Count
Anytime you say thank you to anyone, especially a customer, it needs to be genuine and from the heart. Though it might be hard to do that when you can’t see them in person, this is why we have personalization and email marketing. Now, you can show that you appreciate your customers, without needing to take time away from your other pre-holiday tasks. Put some time into your thank yous, and trust us; you’ll get much more than a “you’re welcome” in return.
Today is Thanksgiving. Have you thanked your customers yet? Request a demo with The Mission Suite to see how you get get moving on this before the holiday season is over.