Email marketing has long been established as one of the most effective (if not the mosteffective) way for small businesses to market online. Its a well known fact that email marketing is capable of delivering almost 40 to 1 return on investment. That fact alone makes it great for small businesses that dont have access to enormous marketing budgets.
Yet email marketing is only as strong as the marketer behind it. A proper message, an well-groomed list and engaged customers are crucial to the success of every email campaign. Today well discuss several strategies that your business can use to take your email marketing to the next level and ensure that you convert leads to sales.
1. Make Sign-Up Easy: Your email list is the key to your marketing efforts. You must make signing up for your list as easy as humanly possible. Put sign up forms everywhere you can your website, Facebook page, blog, etc. this helps you build your list and will allow you to keep in touch with interested customers.
2. Subject Lines are Crucial: Your subject line is the first thing that your readers see when an email hits their inbox. You need to create a catchy subject line that will grab your readers attention while also accurately describing the content of your email.
3. Play by the Rules: There are rules that regulate what you can and cant do with your email marketing, such as the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003, also known as CANSPAM. The Mission Suite provides several tools to help your messages avoid the dreaded spam filter, so that you can keep your campaign on track and your reputation intact.
4. Use Best Practices: Your most effective messages, and the things your audience absolutely must see must go above the fold of your message. You want these calls to action be bold and obvious to your readers so that they know exactly what they need to do next. After all, you dont want a potential customer searching for a way to buy your product.
5. Keep it Simple: An email is a short form media. You only have seconds to capture and maintain your readers attention so keep your message short and to the point. Break your email into subheadings and use impact words to drive your message home. Your reader might only scan your email, so you want your message to be as clear and concise as possible.
By following these rules you can lay a solid foundation for your email marketing. Once youve laid this foundation you can really get creative by implementing photos, videos and other engaging media. Keep testing and trying new approaches to learn what works and keep your audience engaged.
If you have any questions about how to get the most from your email marketing be sure to drop us a line in the comments!