The All-Important Welcome Email

First impressions can make or break your relationship with a client or prospective customer, but today it can be hard to make a memorable and positive first impression. With the overwhelming amount of communications the average person receives these days – marketing emails, telemarketing calls and other outbound marketing – it can be hard to really make your first message stand out from the crowd.

That’s why it’s important to craft and send an impactful welcome email as a key part of your email marketing strategy.

Email has been shown to be one of the most effective ways to build relationships online, and the perfect welcome email sets the stage for the future.

Undeniable Results 

These days email list should be built through opt-in campaigns, and that means one thing: the people on your list want to hear what you have to say. Welcome emails are one of the most likely opportunities to get your message across as they have an open rate of around 50% – this makes them some 86% more effective than the already valuable email newsletter.

Yet even with these amazing results only 57.7% of companies send welcome emails. The other 42.3% are missing out on a great opportunity to engage their customers and lay the groundwork for future client relationships.

Strategies for Success 

Welcome emails have significantly higher open and click through rates than most other emails, and that gives you a great opportunity to cement a relationship with your customer right from the beginning.

There are several ways to do this:

1. Coupon Clipping: Everyone knows that customers love coupons, and sending one out with your welcome email is a great way to ensure that your contacts are making that all-important first purchase. Studies show that any little bit will do, so coupons don’t need to break the bank!

2. Get Social: Social media is an amazing tool for staying in touch with your customers. Be sure to provide clear links to your social media services in your welcome email. This will increase your social reach and assist in future brand building endeavors.

3. Confirm It: One reason welcome emails get opened so often is because they often entail some sort of action to confirm the new subscriber’s desire to be on your list. This is a great way to keep your list clean and effective while also boosting engagement on that initial email.

 

The effectiveness of email marketing as a whole is undeniable, and the welcome email is one of the most potent and powerful aspects of an effective email marketing campaign. Put the strategies in this article to use and you’ll be amazed at the long-lasting and profitable relationships you can build with email.

If you have any questions about email marketing be sure to drop us a line in the comments. If you’re ready to automate and streamline your email marketing then it’s time to sign up for your demo of Mission Suite!

Follow Us on Social Media!
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
YouTube
Google+
RSS
Follow by Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *